Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mark & Sarah / From Abroad



Mark & Sarah / From Abroad

Size: 6" x 6"
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Wood Panel
Style: Photorealism
Artist: Thaneeya McArdle


This meticulously detailed painting depicts a blue-footed booby keychain, and two Finnish candy boxes. The keychain was given to me as a gift from my friend Mark, upon his return from Ecuador. The candy boxes were a gift from my friend Sarah, upon her return from Europe, which included a few days in Finland. Hence the title of this piece! I like the way the colors of the bird are echoed in the colors of the bottom candy box. I enjoy the process of photorealist painting, as it requires intense focus and concentration which usually leads to a rather meditative state of seeing and painting.

This painting is SOLD.

No comments: