Monday, July 10, 2006




nature nonpareil

Size: 6" x 6"
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Wood Panel
Style: Abstract
Artist: Thaneeya McArdle


I am spending 3 months this summer on a beautiful hilltop in southern France, surrounded by lush views and plenty of nature. My abstract paintings have been heavily influenced by my panoramic surroundings as well as my up-close observations of plants and insect life. I have termed my new series of nature-based abstracts my Anicca series. Anicca is a Pali term meaning impermanence. Like the Impressionists, I am deeply influenced by the changes in the scenery around me caused by the changing position of the sun and atmospheric changes such as wind, rain, and fog. These paintings depict the ever-changing quality of nature; its unpredictability, raw form, and constant flow. This painting depicts thick foliage and lifeforms amongst tree branches and expresses the concepts of multiplicity, abundance, and change.

This painting is SOLD.

No comments: