Tuesday, September 27, 2005




Geekself

Size: 10" x 12"
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Style: Abstract
Artist: Thaneeya McArdle

This painting is part of my Self-Portraits of Sorts series, in which I use my own face as a model or starting point for portraits which evolve into various characters. These quirky portraits don't really look like me nor are they intended to. In a way they might reflect multiple aspects of my personality; perhaps becoming the embodiment of hidden elements in my psyche!

This portrait was painted on a very textured surface using charcoal and acrylic paint. This peculiar character dons a pair of blue oversized eyeglasses which cause her eyes to look huge! Her expression is enigmatic and unreadable. The sides of this painting were painted red, to complement the piece; therefore the painting is meant to be hung straight on the wall without a frame.


This painting is SOLD.

No comments: